Favorite Quote of the Day

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

Nov 16, 2013

Letter from God: to all the daughters He so dearly loves

Letters from God to His children...I know a few books with this purpose in mind; using the artistic license of writing to depict a letter from God to His children. These short masterpieces always go straight to my heart, for it helps me remember that God is there, He is my father, my King up in heaven.
I decided to try my hand at it...this is what flowed from my fingers.

          My darling daughter,
     You are my princess, my precious treasure. I love you from the bottom of my heart, for I am your Abba, your Daddy up here in heaven. I'm watching you, loving you, protecting you. I've counted every hair on your head and know every tear you've cried. I can feel your pain, my daughter. I know your pain, I've seen it.
     But, my daughter, know this. 
     I've given you strength. You have strength in you to get through whatever battles I give you. I only give my hardest battles to my strongest warrior maidens, and you are a warrior maiden. Everything you need in the moment I will provide. Yes, you may feel like you're drowning. You may think that I am not there, but, my daughter, I am. I'm there, holding you, carrying you, walking for you.
     For at the end of your life, when you turn around and look at the footprints in the sand, you will see that I have walked alongside you all this time. I have carried you through the hardest moments. It's because I love you. I will always love you.
     You're my daughter, my princess, my warrior maiden. 
     I made you and I love you. You're my treasured possession. 
          ~Your loving Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment