Favorite Quote of the Day

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

Aug 3, 2013

     I honestly love this piece of word art, because it is so true.
     My story, my fantasy, it's my work of art. It's a part of me, and I love it. It's beautiful, it's devious, it's dark, surreal, twisted, and deranged. Although--my story carries redemption.
     The first question people normally ask when I tell them that I'm writing a book is the classic, "What's it about?" I usually just give them a vague answer that leaves them with more questions than answers. But, a few weeks ago, a friend asked me that same question. I was about to reply with the usual answer...but then I decided, you know what? I'm actually going to tell it this time. So I did...and I'm very fond of the way I wrote it! Here it is!
     The story of The Children of Light takes place in an alternate universe called "The Wheel". There are seven realms in The Wheel, and the king of The Realm of Dragons has kept peace with all the realms for centuries. That is, until Thal, the king's right hand man, comes across a prophesy featuring him and six others--three sets of twins, a boy and a girl each. It's a prophesy of Thal rising to power and the twins, the Children of Light, defeating him.
     Thal sets off on a mission to destroy the Children of Light, making them all orphans in the process. The Children escape, and go to the Realm of Dragons for refuge. There they meet seven girls...the future Ladies of the seven Realms. Together, they train and wait, anxious to follow the orders of their Creator in destroying Manthal, the beast that Thal has become.
     The title is currently, "I am a Child of Light". I'm really enjoying the writing process. It's tough, it's difficult, but, like everything else that's good in life, I know that it will be worth it in the end.



























2 comments:

  1. Great writing Sarah! I'm so excited to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This perfectly sums it up! The mind of a writer is a very devious and brightly darkened place. ;-)

    ReplyDelete