Favorite Quote of the Day

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

Feb 8, 2015

Love it All

I haven't posted in a while.
I wrote this a while ago and was going through my poems and such.
And I found this one!

Sometimes...
My bedroom is a mess.
My laundry is absolutely everywhere.
There's books and papers stacked in random piles,
And my brain is anywhere but here.
Homework is done in a rush,
Flutes are left unpracticed..
Okay, more than sometimes.
But deep down deep,
Everything is okay.
Because you know;
Life is good.
I have people who love me.
A God who cares for me.
Friends who I can count on,
And things that make me me.
I can bury my nose in a book.
I can write to my hearts content.
I can lose myself on a run,
Or disappear into the viewfinder of my camera.
Life is good, and if it's not, it will be.
Because God knows who you are.
He knows what you need.
And he knows how to give it to you.
He'll give you joy.
He'll give you love.
At exactly the right time.
You just have to realize it.
And you have to use it to sustain you.
Moments like this, where life is a mess but the joy is boundless:
You can't lose them.
You can't forget them.
You have to hold on to them.
You can NEVER let them go.
Because in the dark,
That's what you do.
Look at the light
And remember the warmth.
And love.
Love it all.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should read your own words every day and remind yourself of these beautiful truths that you wrote about so beautifully. I'm so proud of you. ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should read your own words every day and remind yourself of these beautiful truths that you wrote about so beautifully. I'm so proud of you. ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and so well said. XOXO -Aunt Susanne

    ReplyDelete