Favorite Quote of the Day

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass. ~Anton Chekhov

Jul 11, 2014

A Broken Schedule, A New Start

Unfortunately, most of the time, life does not follow a schedule. 

For example...

I wanted to blog. 

Once a week,

Every week. 

Turns out...

This is my first blog in what,

Two months?

Three?

I had a goal.

That goal was to write every day.

Continue along with my book.

NOT get writers block.

What happens?

Everything feels bland.

My imagiation decides to take over.

Guess what? 

I'm starting over.

Again.

But maybe...

Sometimes...

Starting Over is all it takes. 

Clicking the "New Document" icon.

Seeing something fresh and new.

A blank screen. 

Knowing that when you begin to type,

It will be something new.

Something better. 

Sometimes...

That's all it takes. 

A fresh start. 

A "Can we start over?" 

A new friendship forged out of the old.

A new story, inspired by what's past.

Or simply,

A revival.

A new promise.

That might not get kept,

Because we're human.

And honestly?

We fail.

But that's okay,

Becuase forgiveness is possible.

So forgive me?

I'm willing to start a new document.

Open my Bible once again.

Put my fingers on the piano once again.

Wake up early once again.

Continue on the path into the unknown. 

Because it's a new day,

If you want it to be.

A new moment,

A new dawn,

A new schedule,

A new start.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all the best in your do-over, second chances endeavor. Sometimes they are the best ones!

    ReplyDelete